Monday, October 26, 2009

Take It Easy

So this past week has been a whirlwind tour. Thursday night, my parents, sister and brother-in-law arrived at Casa Burger. Early Friday morning (although due to rain, not as early as they had hoped), my older sister, other brother-in-law, and niece showed up. Then it was napping, shopping, playing, eating. On Saturday, more of the same. (See Rachel's blog for a photo journal. Mostly Shae, but definitely some cute pictures of Joey.)

Sunday was the big day. Joey was baptized at St. Emily's in Mt. Prospect, and then we had his first birthday party immediately afterwards. More running around, forgetting Joey's sippy cup (and snacks) before church, a sleeping baby during mass, a screaming baby during the baptism (except when they poured the water on him - he loves water!), setting up, entertaining, eating, singing, blowing out the candle, more eating, opening presents, cleaning up, packing up, unpacking, sitting for a minute, then on a plane to Atlanta, after which I had waiting an hour and a half drive to Macon, arriving at hotel around midnight. To say I'm burnt out is an understatement. And to top it all off I left my ENTIRE family in Chicago, and won't get to see most of them until Christmas. Daddy and the boy will be waiting for me in Chicago, but I won't get to see them until Thursday night. Oh, and did I mention the coughing and early morning wake-ups that I feel horrible Daddy has to deal with?

And to top it all off, I have no new pictures for you. This is it - you get to listen to me whine and complain. Which I try not to do too often, especially on this blog. I try to make it a refuge of happiness. But I'm spent. I don't remember enjoying the day yesterday. Maybe for a second when I put the candle in the cupcake and put it in front of Joey. But he didn't even want the cupcake! (I guess that's good.) Oh well. At least I'll be able to spend his actual birthday with him. Maybe I'll get some good pictures then.

3 comments:

The Schoeneman's said...

Awwww, I am sorry things are so rough right now. I hope things start to look up soon! Happy First Birthday to Joey!!! His card is in the mail if you have not gotten it already!

mom said...

we miss you and i'm sure there will be pictures later and yes daddy has been napping quite a bit love mom

Shelze said...

It was great to see you! Yes, this is a refuge for happiness, but sometimes, even you need to vent. Glad you can do it here. I love you and miss you! I am proud of you!