Monday, October 12, 2009

Come Monday

Again, I've been bad about posting pictures, but at least I've been taking some. This weekend was definitely a time to relax. I've been on the road for the last two weeks (business and pleasure), so I was looking forward to a boat-load of nothing. It was glorious.

Joey's climbing all over everything. In case you couldn't tell, this is his attempt to climb the stairs. Unfortunately, since we have hardwood floors, he just can't get that knee up on the first step. (If we had carpet, we'd be in trouble!!)

I also have been trying to put his toys into a rotation, mostly so he doesn't get bored (and we don't have to buy a bazillion toys). Needless to say, I busted out the Easter bunny, and he absolutely loves it. Now he bops around while it's singing and dancing, and tries to figure out how those ears work. Too cute!

As you can see here, he's standing up quite a bit these days. Not quite yet cruising, but definitely getting better on his feet. Unless, of course, he's tired. Then he inevitably falls on his bum (and then usually bumps his head). That's how we know it's nap time. Kidding!

Tonight Joey was a bit fussy, so while we were playing, I just lay down on the floor, and he started climbing all over me. Then he realized he could also watch tv (The Family Guy was on), and he was so content.

And as I sat here tonight, I looked over at the staircase and saw the baby jacket and the momma jacket hanging there. I can't believe it's been almost a year already. Soon enough his jacket will be bigger than mine, but in the meantime, I'm going to try to remember to step back every once in a while and inhale.

Now if only the Phillies could get it together ...

4 comments:

Shelze said...

They finally did get it together! Now, we just have to beat the Dodgers! Go Phils!

rockle said...

dude ... trust me: don't start thinking about about big he is and how big he's going to be, or you will LOSE IT just like i do once a week. for now, enjoy the cuteness of the little. (the rest gets overwhelming.)

Betsy said...

I cannot believe he is almost 1 year old - oh momma!

mom said...

these were great i'll watch video tonight love mom