Monday, June 8, 2009

Teething

We've been pretty busy around here, finishing up projects we meant to start months ago, like hanging the roman shades my parents brought with them from Pennsylvania back in April. We're also getting ready for some house guests, which means more thorough cleaning needs to be done than our usual swiffering around the furniture. All of this means I haven't been as diligent with the camera, nor have I been as diligent posting what pictures I do have.

Joey's two bottom teeth finally cut through those gums sometime this past week. I'm sure I have photographic "evidence" of the first time you could see them somewhere, but I think those pictures were extremely blurry. And since the first thing everyone asks me is does he have teeth yet, I've been trying to get a decent picture to post for a while. This one from Friday is absolutely adorable, but of course, you can't see the teeth.

In the meantime, Joey's also enjoying playing on his tummy, getting better at rolling and pushing himself up on his arms. (Honestly, he sometimes gets his entire chest off the floor without even using his arms. He must have the strongest back ever. He'll be great in the pool.) After playing with the twins on Saturday, we picked up a few toys to help develop those tummy-time and crawling skills. Joey already loves this ball, although because he's always playing on a blanket, it doesn't move around quite as much as it should. We're thinking about getting an area rug, so that should help.

Finally, today, I was able to get some shots of his teeth. Joey wasn't necessarily being cooperative, but if I make enough goofy faces, eventually he smiles. (If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you can definitely see two bottom teeth.)

Sometimes he still has his fingers in his mouth, but those pictures turn out cute, too.

You can really see his chompers in this photo, which was the whole point.

We also picked up a few Dr. Seuss books while shopping for diapers and formula at Costco. (In case you didn't know/couldn't tell, we never get just diapers and formula when we go to Costco. I don't think it's possible.) Joey absolutely loves Dr. Seuss's Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? Especially the Blurp the trombone makes. I don't know if it's the sound in general, or the way I say it, but he cracks up every time. Needless to say, I add extra Blurps even when they're nowhere to be found on the page, and I plan on reading that book at least once a day until he stops laughing.

2 comments:

rockle said...

teefers ftw!

mom said...

i thought you were ignoring us or something ps now i found a bag of yardsale but its for fall anyhow and that reminded me i had books to send well i still have them love the teeth !!! love you