Monday, June 15, 2009

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday

You would think after nine years of saying good-bye it would eventually get easier, but it doesn't. Now with the little ones, I think it's just gotten infinitely harder. But we had a great time together! First we had lots of fun at the park. Then we were off to the zoo. It was pretty rainy on Saturday, but we made up for it at the Shedd Aquarium on Sunday! (Follow the links to my sister's blog. I'll post some of my own pictures later on this week.) My sister, brother-in-law and niece left this morning, but not without a little mischief before they left.

The comb in Shae's hand was supposed to be used on her, not Joey, but you see how well that worked out. Eventually, she was distracted by her pancake breakfast, and I did some ninja moves to sneak in and work those knots out. (I am so glad I have a boy who so far doesn't look like he'll have curly hair!)

She also didn't want to pose for pictures this morning, not even with Aunt Jaime and BabyJoey (yes, one word). This is the best we could do.

And Joey will definitely miss his Aunt Rachel and Uncle Ryan. I think he's happy right now because he can finally nap, but I think when he wakes up he's going to ask where'd everybody go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you know It will only get harder but thats alright we learn to enjoy what we get !!!! love you mom

Shelze said...

Well looks like Aunt Shelley and Joe need to make a trip to Chicago soon too..although we won't have a wee one with us.

rockle said...

whoa ... ozzy osbourne visited? lol.