Saturday, February 7, 2009

Walkin' the Dog


The thaw finally came to Chicago today. At noon, our outside thermometer read 55. Fabulous. Unfortunately, Dad had to work today, something about a sales meeting. So I decided I would bundle up Joey (but not too much, since it wasn't really cold) and see if I couldn't take him and the dog for a walk. We were moderately successful. Ginny, of course, went absolutely crazy the second I got her leash out. (In this cold, we've been letting her run loose in the backyard, but she still prefers her walks.) There was a little power struggle in the beginning, but before we even got to Greenview she knew she was not going to be able to just run. I thought Joey might be able to take a nap, but boy was I wrong. I'm used to just walking with Ginny, so I never noticed how uneven the sidewalks are. And since it's 55 and we had probably 8 inches of snow on the ground, there were puddles (and lakes!) everywhere. But we managed through it, and Joey is now peacefully sleeping in the bassinet of his pack 'n play. (I'm going to start transitioning him from the bouncy chair, since his congestion seems to be getting much better.)

This picture was taken after we got home, just as I was about to take Joey out of the car seat. I love the way the light hits his cheek, and that smile is priceless. Just for comparison, take a look back at my Dr. Feelgood or Kung Fu Fighting posts. He's growing like a weed!

5 comments:

Shelze said...

I love this picture! He is soo handsome and growing so fast!! If I knew how to print it off I would and put it in my wallet. Love you guys and miss you!

Anonymous said...

He is getting bigger and cuter than pop-pop. Love and miss ya'll.


DAD

rockle said...

seriously, is that RED HAIR? too much!

Shelze said...

Mom wanted to know about kodak pics...did you put them on there yet?

burger-burger said...

no, seriously. he has cradle cap. it's dry skin. and it's yellow. so it looks reddish in pictures, which makes his hair look red. you probably can't even see his hair in this pic.