Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane


We made a quick trip to Pennsylvania this weekend. Joey's a great traveler. Slept almost the entire time on the plane, and only cried when he woke up, and even then it was maybe one or two little peeps. Everyone just couldn't believe how great he was. It was a little hard traveling sans husband, especially when I changed my ticket about 2 hours before I had to be at the airport and was rushing around to get everything packed, but somehow we managed. Nana and Pop-Pop were so excited to see Joey, and so sad to leave him at the airport. I mean, they could barely manage even half a smile when I took this photo!


Here we are on the airplane ride back. There were only about 10 of us on the plane, so Joey got his own seat. I held him for take-off and landing, but after he fell asleep, I put my coat and a blanket on that seat, so he could lay down a bit (and I could rest my arms). I think he's already ready to get back on the plane to see Nana and Pop-Pop - I know Mom is!

3 comments:

The Schoeneman's said...

I loved how Hunter traveled so easy at that age! It was great!

rockle said...

two things: our father is not a particularly big man, but he looks like the jolly green giant compared to joey. holy bananas. i can't imagine US ever being that small.

and also: could dad look any more miserable than he does in that picture? (correct answer is "probably not.") poor guy!

Shelze said...

It was great seeing you! Sorry I had to work, maybe next time I can get some time off! Miss you already!