Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Storybook Children

Joey "discovered" a new favorite book today. It's called That's Not My Puppy. It has all different textures (which are the reasons the little mouse knows that's not my puppy). Here his ears are too shaggy.

On this spread, he finds his puppy, and his nose is squashy. Which is funny to me, because of course the nose is soft, but not really squashy. Oh well. It's a book he doesn't eat, at least not most of the time, so we'll take it.

We also took a second go at the puffs. It didn't end well, but I think that was more due to his sore throat and maybe eating one too many, and not Joey's inability to figure them out. I still think he might be dissolving them more than chewing them, but we're on to actual solid foods! I'll try Cheerios again when he's safely recovered from his cold/allergies and I don't have to worry about gagging.

In this shot, he's attempting to put a puff in his mouth. His dexterity with these tiny things aren't great, and it doesn't help that if his hands are even slightly wet (which they almost always are from him putting his fingers in his mouth), the puffs stick wherever they happen to be. But he's getting better already, and he'll be there before long. And I think he drank a bit from the sippy cup. I only put juice in there, so he knows he gets a treat if he gets any.

2 comments:

mom said...

he'll eat by himself believe me when he saw someone anyone had something to eat at nanas you know who he came after...he probably wants to be waited on !!!! love you mom

rockle said...

those puffs rock, and they're actually quite good. also yogurt covered cheerios.