Saturday, July 11, 2009

King of Good Intentions

Today started out with a great plan. I got up with Joey, and then when he went down for his morning nap, I was going to run all my errands. I made it to Costco to try to print out my sister's rehearsal dinner invites, only to find out they don't read .png files at the computers in the stores. So I'll upload that tonight and pick up the sample in the store tomorrow. The good news is that I had planned it so that all the stores I had to hit where within a half mile of each other, so I didn't really go that far out of my way. I hit Target and picked up baby food and printer ink, and then to Nordstrom Rack to return some shoes I got for my niece that didn't fit. And since Old Navy was right there, I figured I'd stop in and see what they had. Picked up another hat and a swim shirt for Joey. The only trick was to get home before Joey woke up and before I ran out of gas. (My light went on as I was getting to Costco.) Mission accomplished.

As I was driving home, I was thinking to myself what a gorgeous day it was, and that we haven't had many of these days, and wouldn't it be great to go swimming. Instead of calling my mother-in-law immediately to see if they had any plans (they have a few pools in their complex), I thought it would be better to check with my husband. Got home, he was up, and completely on board with going to his parents. We called a few times, and nobody answered, but we figured, "how long could they really be out?" So we futzed around a bit, and just before Joey should've been ready for his afternoon nap, we headed out. By six o'clock, with no in-laws and no afternoon nap, we called our favorite Indian place for carry-out and headed home.

Joey was all ready to go swimming. He looked so cute in his trunks and swim shirt. I think we'll put it all back on tomorrow and maybe just get a little pool for our own backyard. Or stop by our friends' house and borrow theirs. There's always next weekend for the big pool.

1 comment:

rockle said...

we picked up a little inflatable 20-gallon job at wal-mart for $5. i think you will not be sorry if you get one yourself.