Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

It really was a beautiful day today. Not sure if we broke any records or anything, but it was gorgeous. Even nice enough that we could play outside. So the ground was a little damp; we dealt with it. We were even able to go out for a walk as a family after Daddy got home from work. I can't wait for this all the time!

And .... success! Joey was a little fussy eating his oatmeal this morning, so when I fed him this afternoon, I just put him in his bouncy chair. (Yes, I know, we need to get a high chair. Hopefully this weekend.) He ate OK for a bit, then got fussy. This time, though, he was in his chair, not trying to squirm out of my arms, so I just let him fuss. Then I fed him some more. It went pretty well for the most part. Yes, I did hide the bottle. But I think just allowing him to fuss was also helpful. I'll start increasing the amount of oatmeal, and then barley cereal next week. Sweet potatoes here we come!

3 comments:

Shelze said...

I love him in green! OOO sweet potatoes...I can only imagine what those poops will be like. Love you!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe he is distracted by the bottle after he tastes a couple different things maybe that will go away he certainly has gotten more handsome by the day !!!!

rockle said...

messy food faces are the best. i hope joey & shae never stop making them.