Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm a Boy

Thought I'd just post a picture of a typical Joey face. He's so cute! He was so good today, too. He had his peas and cereal for "brunch", and then actually ate a whole jar of green beans for lunch! (Breakfast is 6ish, brunch is 10ish, lunch is 2ish and dinner is 6ish. The "ish" is very important.) My plan is that eventually he'll be eating a half jar of vegetable and a half jar of fruit at brunch and lunch (maybe with some cereal), but we hadn't worked up that far yet (and of course haven't introduced fruits yet). I started feeding him half the jar at lunch, and he was just so hungry, we kept going. I didn't think it would end that way. The first spoonful, he made this face, like "Mom, I can't believe you're giving me this horrible food" - and then, on the next spoonful, realized it wasn't so bad. I was hoping he'd go back to green beans after peas, which he did; I'm not nearly as hopeful after applesauce and peaches.

1 comment:

rockle said...

he looks like a little old man. an adorable little old man.

and also: he is part haldaman, so he will eat as long as there is food. don't worry about it. he might prefer peaches and applesauce, but he will eat whatever you give him.

is there a trader joe's near you? their applesauces are FANTASTIC, and pretty inexpensive, and all-natural.