Monday, February 7, 2011

We're Going for a Walk (Part Eleventy-Billion)

As I mentioned in my previous post, we went for a walk yesterday afternoon. When we headed out, I mentioned to Joe that I wanted to bring the sled with us. It wasn't necessarily just for Joey's enjoyment. He tends to hit his breaking point inevitably before we get home, and after shoveling all this snow, I really didn't want to carry him. I figured, worst case scenario, he rides on the sled for a little bit, and I carry him, and we can trade off like that until we get home. Little did I know.
When we got to the park, they had cleared the walking path, but there was still at least two to three inches on the ground. (Did I mention it snowed again on Sunday?) I asked Joey if he wanted to get on the sled, and he said no, that he wanted to pull the sled. So away we walked, with joey dragging the sled (which is really like a boogie board for the snow).
He tromped through all the snow, and loved every second of it.
And when I ask him to say "cheese!" now, he inevitably breaks into "Hi Nana!" and "Hi Buszi!" and whatever else he feels like yelling (including "we're going for a walk, we're going for a walk, hi-hi the derry-o, we're going for a walk").

As predicted (and blogged about previously), we got about halfway around the walking path, and he wanted to be carried. We put him on the sled, and with only a little whining, we made it all the way home. It was a great day.

1 comment:

mom said...

thats whats its about i prefer the warmer climes though