Friday, February 4, 2011

Crash Into Me

So this is not the story I wanted to blog about, but quite frankly, I just can't post the other pictures right now. I mean, I took these great pics of Joey and had half the blog written in my head already this morning, and then this happened ...
On my way to work. Stopped at a four-way stop. It was my turn to go. The woman traveling perpendicular to me never even stopped. I'm not going to go into all the other details, but wow. What a way to start Friday. And I didn't even want to go to work! I hate driving on snowy/icy roads, and really, I can do everything on my laptop, so after our historic blizzard, I saw no reason to rush back to the office. But Joe was driving in, and he said the roads weren't so bad, and I figured there was some paperwork I could get on top of if I was in the office. Then this. The best part, though, was that Joe and the Boy were in his car behind me, so while they saw everything, they were not involved at all. I just keep telling myself had I not decided to drive in, it could've been Joe and Joey, and then what? As a mom, it's much easier to deal with all of this mentally that it happened to me and not the rest of my family.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sorry about the accident! I'm glad no one was hurt, but I'm sure you're plenty shaken up! It's almost the weekend though and you can relax and recover!

mom said...

its enough that i looked stay safe and let me know if i can do anything love mom