Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ring Out Ahoya

It was an absolutely gorgeous Saturday, so while Daddy raked the leaves, Mommy and Joey had an impromptu photo session.

When we cleaned out the wood last summer, we kept this one log. I thought it would be perfect as an extra seat around the firepit (which we still haven't used yet), but turns out it's also the perfect height to allow Joey to stand outside. And standing is key, because he does not like the feel of the grass on his hands. I guess the fall grass feels different from summer grass; he crawled around just fine in the yard in August.

This is Joey imitating Pop-Pop ... I mean Popeye. Sometimes kids do the darnedest things.

I also wanted to see if Joey would cry the second I put him in the pile of leaves. I'm a horrible mom, I know, but I know lots of kids who love the leaves, so I wanted to see Joey's reaction. Apparently he likes them. He also likes when Daddy twirls the rake like a drum major, but that's a different blog all together.

And I couldn't decide between the above two pictures, so you get them both. I don't have a lot of pictures of Joey in profile, and I think that's a shame because he has a cute head. It's also very cool to see how deep in thought he is while investigating the leaves. I love seeing him try to figure the world out.