Friday, November 20, 2009

Bread and Water

Today was not a good day for the little guy. He didn't sleep well last night from the coughing and the post-nasal drip. And then I got the call at 10:45 that I had to pick him up from daycare because he was running a fever (101.9). He was very lethargic, barely evening holding up his head, so I called the pediatrician, gave him some baby Tylenol, and put him down for a nap. He slept for two hours, and woke up refreshed. Nowhere near 100%, but at least he felt like playing. And eating.

Joey loves his buttered bread. I've been cutting the slice of bread into quarters, but he usually ends up shoving the whole thing in his mouth. (I know he knows how to take bites because he'll bite his waffles.) I figured I'd cute the bread into six pieces this afternoon, but he still shoved the whole thing in his mouth. It is pretty cute to watch.

He ate lunch fine. (He actually liked the veggie burger the second time around.) Took another nap this afternoon, and is back in bed now. Didn't really eat dinner, but as long as he keeps drinking a bit, I'm not going to worry too much yet. His fever did get back up above 102 as I was putting him to bed (it had gone down around 100), but we'll see how tonight goes. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

rockle said...

man, we're all like the germ family this week.