Saturday, September 5, 2009

Orange Crush

My concern last night about putting the baby down at 6:30 turned out to be all for naught. He was a little fussy at 3, which is (unfortunately) the norm right now. He started crying a bit at 5:30, so before he even woke up fully, I went down and fixed his bottle. Joey drank the whole thing and went back to sleep. UNTIL 8:00!! The only "unfortunate" thing about Joey sleeping in today was that I had already made plans to meet up with Connie and Chris for a 9:00 brunch. So I couldn't sleep until 8:00 with Joey. (Seriously, he must have been exhausted.)

Anyway, we met Chris and Connie at the Orange at Clark and Fullerton. At 9:00, there isn't much of a crowd, so we were seated right away. (I've waited anywhere from 30 to 60+ minutes to be seated at Orange before. But it's worth it.) We got the Frushi (yum!), and then each had a different form of eggs. The only one who ate pancakes was the baby, and he only ate one of his, so Daddy had some leftovers when we got home. (Orange is known for it's pancakes, so it's almost sacrilegious that we didn't even get a side stack.)

We all had fun, and, as usual, all of the wait staff wanted to play with the baby. Daddy was just a little upset to find out I didn't wake him up for Orange - but he got over when he found out I brought leftovers home.

I forgot to mention - I had a big open mouth smile for Joey, trying to get him to smile for the picture. Instead, Chris smiled big with his mouth wide open. Pavlov would be proud!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I would have loved to be there! Connie and Chris look really happy. :-)