Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tip-Toe through the Tulips

It was absolutely beautiful today, so I took the opportunity to introduce Joey to nature. We walked all around the backyard, looking at the hydrangeas, the lilacs, the peonies. In the front, we have this little pink tulip growing wild in the grass. I often see tulip leaves growing randomly, but this is the first time I've seen a flower come up, too. Joey thought it was very interesting. And of course tried to eat it.

We also tried using a sippy cup today. Joey's always interested in whatever we're drinking out of, and since I know apples are OK, I figured we'd try a little apple juice in a cup. It was OK. More of Joey just playing with it, but I know he got some juice out (because he was wearing it afterwards). It was only his first time, so I wasn't really expecting much. I just figured we'd keep learning new things, and this was next on the list.

2 comments:

rockle said...

eating the plants ftw!

Shelze said...

I can't believe your little man is drinking from a sippy cup already.