Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ice, Ice Baby


My sister's  been talking about posting pictures of her daughter in front of a tree, so I figured I'd get in on the action. If you look closely, Cupcake's eating "cubes!", also known to us as ice cubes. I've never seen a kid so excited to eat ice before. It's crazy. And adorable.

Yesterday was the first day of school for Joey. (Sorry, Dad took him, so no pictures.) I did really well until about lunch time. That's when the hundredth person asked me how the little guy was doing, and for the first time ever I didn't know. He did really well. Didn't sleep much, which meant he passed out when he got home. (And only woke up twice last night - once at 2, which I think was really me waking him up because he sounded like he was having trouble breathing through his congestion. The second time was at 3 to eat, and then he didn't wake up again until 6:30!) We'll see how day two goes.

3 comments:

rockle said...

i already rue the day that she discovers that snow cones are nothing more than ice and juice in a paper cup. oh, the hilarity that will ensue! if i am not in the crazy hospital.

The Schoeneman's said...

Awe, poor mommy! It should get easier to drop your little man off while you go to work soon. At least he slept well last night. Woo Hoo to only waking up twice! Those days will quickly be upon us again and Hunter's brother will make sure that we do not get much sleep!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you got some rest each day will get easier till you hit a bump and then you'll regroup its called life !!!! enjoy i love you mom