Friday, January 30, 2009

Grin and "Bear" It



So for the most part, Joey spends his days in his Sleep 'n Plays, which are also known as pajamas. (I only explain this because apparently Daddy was completely confused when I referred to them as Sleep 'n Plays.) Since we received a few outfits from friends and family as gifts for various occasions (and they are absolutely adorable), I figured for the next few weeks, every time we plan to leave the house for anything other than food shopping, we'd dress up. This way we'd wear everything at least once. (It's amazing how fast three months goes by.) And yes, Mom, we have plenty of socks!

Today also marks Joey's 13-week birthday. (Tomorrow will be officially 3 months.) He's getting so much bigger, and I'm getting so much better at understanding him. I can now tell when he's tired, which means we're going down for at least 3 naps a day. They're still only about an hour long, but I'm hoping if we can establish good sleeping habits, then maybe he'll sleep longer at a time and only need two naps. He is starting to sleep better at night, although after 5 or 6 hours he starts his "fussy" sleep. For the next 2-3 hours, he'll wake up every 10 to 45 minutes, going almost immediately back to sleep once I put his pacifier in. Which means he does usually sleep 8-9 hours at a time, but Mommy and Daddy don't. It also doesn't help that he's falling asleep around 7:00, which is way too early for me to go to bed, too. But again, I'm hoping with better naps, we'll be able to push bedtime back a bit, and then we'll all be getting really good sleep. I'll keep you all updated.

5 comments:

rockle said...

Kuh. Yute. Are they dogs or bears? Shae and Nana think dogs, but I think bears (because of the title).

burger-burger said...

they're little bears. at least that's what i think.

Anonymous said...

he is so adorable and 3 months old already i love you and see he really does have clothes not just pjs i 'll call you later kind of rough day yesterday keep practicing so joey says nana first !!!!

rockle said...

yay! i win the comments!
*fist pump*

rockle said...

update plzkthx.
lol.