Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Cupcakes

We had so much fun eating cupcakes this past weekend, we decided we were going to make some of our own! Since Daddy's birthday is coming up, he got to pick the flavor. Believe it or not, there is actually red cake batter in those bowls. (The Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake is so red, it's the exact same color as our mixing bowls.)
Our ever diligent helper was at it again. He always wants to do everything all by himself. It's been a struggle to explain that sometimes only grown-ups can do things, but with something as simple as the mixing cake batter, I figured I'd let him at it.
Needless to say, he was constantly in motion. No really good pictures, but you get the idea. He loves to pour in the mix, the oil and the water. (No eggs for him - too many issues with salmonella lately, so I do those all my own.) I did fill the cupcakes myself this time. Usually I'll let him help, but with the red cake batter, I just imagined the stains all over the kitchen, and told him he could help frost them instead. That'll be tomorrow's adventure ... right before the candles!

(Keep your fingers crossed. If you're lucky, you might get a video of him singing to Daddy!)

3 comments:

Shelze said...

I love it! I have a great ideas for cupcakes for vacation! Please tell Joe happy birthday for me!

mom said...

we better !! love you ...sick of the snow mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Joe! Isn't it fun to have a helper in the kitchen? More work than it is help sometimes, but so valuable in the long run! Good call on not letting help fill the pan, too.