Saturday, December 18, 2010

Trimming the Tree

I'm a little behind on my blogging, but hopefully I'll be all caught up before Christmas. We finally got our tree last weekend. It was cold, they were calling for snow, and so of course there was no customer service rep hanging out outside waiting for us to buy. But somehow we found a way to give them money in exchange for a tree. A mighty nice one, if I do say so myself.
It's not perfect, mind you, but what tree is? It's in the corner, so we just kept rotating it until we found the best angle.
Then, of course, we had to clean up all the needles. Seriously, the second I said we had to sweep, Joey went into his toy room and got out his broom and dust pan. He is such a good helper!
After Daddy strung the lights for us the next morning, he couldn't wait to help put the ornaments on the tree.
"Mommy, I think we need more up there."
If you notice the blur underneath his hand, that's what the Scooby Gang's van looks like when it's falling. Fortunately it's plastic, so no broken bits, but it hasn't made it's way back onto the tree yet. I think Joey has confiscated it for his toy box.

2 comments:

rockle said...

he looks so tiny and adorable in his footie pajamas, even though i know he's a big boy now.

mom said...

maybe he can stay for a month and help me clean up !!!! love you mom