Saturday, January 9, 2010

Playground

I've realized that one of my problems is that once it gets cold, especially Chicago cold, I don't usually go out of the house. It's not that I become a recluse or anything, but I really enjoy the outdoors, and with a 14-month-old, I'm just too worried about him getting too cold and then getting sick. Oh yeah, and the foot of snow we have on the ground isn't exactly friendly for going down the slides.

I decided I needed to figure out some indoor activities that we could do that felt like outdoor activities. When we went to the mall to get Joey's picture taken with Santa (you remember that epic fail), I noticed the indoor playground. I thought I'd give it a shot.

While not necessarily evident in these pictures, Joey loved it! We got there around 9:30 and played for an hour. Then we stopped at the Disney store, Stride Rite for new shoes, and then a quick stroll through Macy's. Almost immediately after I put him back in his car seat around 11:30, he fell asleep. We'll have to try it again next weekend. And maybe some of our friends can join us, too!

4 comments:

Shelze said...

The top picture he looks like he is saying "yeah, so, you got a problem with the slide?" Love it! Miss you guys!

mom said...

looks like he enjoyed the slide the most...hes always very intent love you mom

burger-burger said...

it's not a slide. there was one there, but the first picture isn't it. it's actually a giant tricycle. probably should've called that out ;-)

The Schoeneman's said...

We venture out to a place called Funtastic or Jungle Java with Hunter. He loves the indoor playscapes!!! Helps a lot with the cabin fever. Come on Spring!!!