Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reading is Fundamental

My mom originally bought this book for my niece Shae. On one of our trips home (I think for Shelley's wedding), Joey discovered that if he pressed the little froggy it would play a song. The rest, as they say, is history.
He absolutely loves to play with this book. Usually he'll open to the first "page" (Tad's cow is missing, his brown and white cow), and then before the voice can even finish reading the page, he'll play the song and then all we hear is "I'm farmer Tad, I'm farmer Tad, I'm farmer Tad" and occasionally he'll actually let the song play out, but usually not.

Joey's also learning to use a straw at daycare. I'm not sure how far he's gotten, but we bought him a cup with a straw and unfortunately it's even tough for me to drink out of. But he's so proud of himself just trying, how can I keep it from him?

And yes, that's Joey's "uniform." The red Kiddie Junction t-shirt. And the smallest they have is extra small (2-4), so hopefully he'll fit into it for the next two years. In the meantime, it looks like he's always wearing a smock.

3 comments:

Shelze said...

You are going to hear Farmer Tad in your dreams! I love the smock!

rockle said...

oooh, sweet cracker sandwich, i HATE farmer tad. i would not be personally offended if he accidentally had a tragic trash compactor or wood-chipper accident, you know what i mean?

mom said...

i miss that farmer tad song rachel probably packed it for you !!!!!